Start something bright with Osram Opto Semiconductors at Light + Building
Experience how light based innovations are shaping our future
15.03.2018 | General Interest Press
Digital future meets design hotspot – with this motto the leading trade fair Light + Building will open its doors from March 18-23. At this year’s show Osram Opto Semiconductors will present highlight topics with solutions for the application areas Horticulture, Outdoor and Industrial, Residential, Retail and Commercial Office Lighting, including the trend topic Human Centric Lighting. Among the many product innovations, the company presents the first “real” CSP in the market with scalability, specifically tailored to provide an optimized light density with the prototype of the Oslon Pure 1010. At booth C.04 in hall 6.2, visitors can experience a glimpse into the future and learn how light based innovations are shaping every aspect of our life.
Osram Opto Semiconductors combines innovation & passion resulting in one of the industry’s broadest portfolios, catering to all application areas with superior product quality and performance proven over decades. To help clients and partners select the most suitable components for their application, the company has restructured the portfolio into consumer and professional lines: Oslon, Soleriq, and Osconiq for professional applications with best-in-class reliability and performance, and the Duris product families for consumer applications with an optimized performance-cost ratio.
Showcased technology highlights from the General Lighting segment include:
- Commercial Office Lighting: The Human Centric Lighting (HCL) concept aligns lighting to the light needs of the human biorhythm and improves working conditions. Osram is one of the pioneers driving this movement and the first company to implement a HCL solution for a complete office building. Visitors will gain insight into the latest solution from the Osconiq professional product family used in this field – the mid-power professional Osconiq S 1620.
- Retail: With the prototype of the Oslon Pure 1010 the company presents the first “real” CSP with 1 mm x 1 mm form factor on the market with scalability, specifically tailored to provide an optimized light density. Also, the newly extended COB portfolio includes the latest Soleriq.
- Residential: Retrofit technology makes it possible to combine the latest LED technology such as the Duris filament product families with cozy nostalgic lighting design.
- Horticulture: The most comprehensive horticulture portfolio for both high- and mid-power solutions includes new packages and upgraded efficiency by up to 20 percent, covering a full range of colors and radiation angles.
- Outdoor and industrial: The broad portfolio of highly efficient and durable solutions will be complemented with the newly introduced Osconiq P 3737 – 2W and 3W products with a common footprint that combine innovative lead-frame technology with high-power chips.
At booth C.04 in hall 6.2 visitors can also experience the company’s contribution to the city of the future: a newly launched app will showcase a futuristic city with various examples of light applications for residential and street lighting, car parks, horticulture and urban farming, etc. At joint booth of Osram, in hall 2 - B50, the company shows how intelligent technology based on the utilization of visible and invisible light enriches people’s everyday lives by showcasing an entire daily routine of life in the future.
“We believe that life gets better with technology. This is what we work for every day with passion and technical know-how to contribute the best possible solutions in the field of opto electronics,” said Martina Opitz, Head of Fairs and Events at Osram Opto Semiconductors. “With the motto Start Something Bright we will demonstrate how light based technology will help to shape our future.”
OSRAM, based in Munich, is a leading global high-tech company with a history dating back more than 110 years. Primarily focused on semiconductor-based technologies, our products are used in highly diverse applications ranging from virtual reality to autonomous driving and from smartphones to smart and connected lighting solutions in buildings and cities. OSRAM uses the endless possibilities of light to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities. OSRAM’s innovations enable people all over the world not only to see better, but also to communicate, travel, work and live better. OSRAM has approximately 26,400 employees worldwide as of end of fiscal 2017 (September 30) and generated revenue of more than € 4.1 billion. The company is listed on the stock exchanges in Frankfurt and Munich (ISIN: DE000LED4000; WKN: LED 400; trading symbol: OSR). Further information can be found at www.osram.com.